Simon at 7 months is crawling! It happened quick, and he is quick, so I've been baby-proofing the house. He is getting much better at sitting on his own as well.
He is not sleeping well at all. He's up at least once in the middle of the night, but it's often twice. He doesn't go much longer than 3 hours at a time. It is difficult for me to get him to sleep because he moves so much. As soon as I put him down in his crib if he is not fast asleep he rolls right over and starts to cry. It's rough.
He is really clingy to me. Any time I try to leave Simon with Andy he cries the whole time. (Simon cries, not Andy.)
I haven't given him many new foods because we were trying to determine if dairy in my diet was making his skin break out, so we didn't want to introduce other new foods which might have caused a reaction. I took all dairy out of my diet for 10 days, and that was as long as I could go. I started eating dairy again, and there was no difference in his skin. (Whew! I really dodged a bullet there.) His skin is mostly looking better, so hopefully the break outs are a thing of the past. Simon loves food and grabs my plate/fork when I am trying to eat. I'm looking forward to giving him more than applesauce and rice cereal.
He's a happy little guy. Mostly he is calm and easy going. He generally only gets really fussy/squirmy when he's tired.
Here are a few pictures of the little guy:


He is a drool monster. Still no sign of any teeth though.

I wish he weren't so squinty here, but it's the only good shot I have of him sitting.

We have been really sick this month. "A touch if the plague" seems like a pretty accurate description. First it was Eli, then me, then Abe and Simon. I'm so grateful Andy didn't get sick because we needed somebody to take care of us. It was the flu. As in respiratory flu, not throwing up. We've had illness in our house since May 3rd. I am finally just now getting over a sinus infection that followed the flu for me. It has been hard to be so sick for so long. Especially because it is finally nice outside and it was Mother's Day and my birthday. I am just thankful to be feeling healthy again.
Other than being sick, here's what we've been up to:
Abe got a paint by numbers set from Nana. He says he wants to be an artist when he grows up. He was really excited to paint the 2 pictures. While he was working on them he told me that as soon as he finished the second one he would be an artist. (He still hasn't finished the second one...)

Here are some random pictures Eli took. He loves to run off with my camera and take lots of pictures. It makes me a little grumpy, but it's interesting to see things from his point of view.



Anna has been teaching me to crochet. I really like it! I made my first blanket, and sent it off to my new nephew Tyler.

You can see here how lopsided it is... I am a beginner, and it is obvious.

We went to Sidecut Park with some friends.

Peekaboo with Daddy:

Simon loves to drink water:

I love it when our trees blossom!

Daisy's ducklings hatched. Andy finally got to see ducklings this time!

FHE


I love this kid!

He usually sits like this, propped up on one arm.

This new bench was a bday present to me. We need to get 2 more storage cubes for holding shoes underneath, but I like to have a place to sit in the entryway.

This was my other gift. I love it! I originally bought frames at Hobby Lobby, and (even on sale and two frames short) it was $80. I knew I could do better, so between the frames we already had and a trip to Dollar General the new set up here was only $30.

Some close ups for you to see our cute boys:



My favorite shot of Simon where he is actually smiling!

My birthday. We met some friends at the park, and one friend (Nicole- thanks!!) was nice and brought cupcakes for us all.

Simon helped me have a happy birthday!

We went to Mr. Freeze to share a turtle sundae. The boys had one bite of ice cream, then ran off to play. Silly kids!
Simon is a little small for Abe's hat:

Abe loves to swing. I just wish he'd learn to pump his legs, so I wouldn't have to push him every time.

Eli!

We got this rock em sock em toy at a garage sale yesterday. The boys absolutely love it!

When the boys went to the father/son camp out I went to dinner with some friends to Stella's. If you go during your birthday week you get a glass flower with your meal. It's pretty, but I have no idea where to put it...

Here's another candid shot by Eli. The boys love playing with Andy.
No comments:
Post a Comment