I remember how much I disliked alfalfa sprouts as a kid.
Here's the recipe:
Dressing- Mix together these ingredients. (I skip the mayo)
2/3 cup plain yogurt (Greek would work, but I can't say that I've tried it)
1/3 cup mayo
dill weed-liberally (I add a lot.)
Assemble the sandwich in this order-
Bread on the bottom (I use whole wheat, and my mom always used an oat bread that was yummy)
Dressing on bread
Slices of cheese (cheddar is the best!)
Slices of tomatoes (I chop mine for easier eating)
Slices of cucumber (I chop these too for easier eating)
Avocado slices
Alfalfa sprouts
Sunflower seeds
Green onion
More dressing on top
I just had this for lunch. It makes me so happy! I was thinking this might go well in a pita or tortilla or naan. It is so messy to eat, even with a fork and knife. Even so, it's delicious!
| Not so glamorous to cut apart and eat, but so worth it! |
Don't you mean "Happy Sandwiches"?
ReplyDeleteThese are the best. Probably my favorite Summer meal.