Saturday, June 22, 2013

Simon 8 Months and More!

I found my camera!  Hooray!!  So here are shots of 8 month old Simon and other shots of what we were up to this May/June.

He really does smile most of the time.

 photo P5220001.jpg

He used to crawl under there all the time. Not as much anymore. I guess it has lost its thrill.

 photo P5230007.jpg

This one is a little blurry, but I like it anyways.

 photo P5280012.jpg

His first time on the grass. He didn't love it, although he's getting better.

 photo P5290022.jpg

 photo P5290026.jpg

 photo P5290027.jpg

This hat was way too big, but he kept it on anyways.

 photo P5300042-1.jpg

Brothers!

 photo P5300049.jpg

He drools all the time.

 photo P5300054-1.jpg

The boys were playing with the neighbors in the sprinkler and it started to rain, so they played around in it until we heard thunder.  (Abe had a lot of fun, which surprised me because he's generally so timid.)

 photo P5300062.jpg

Trip to the zoo.

 photo P5310063.jpg

 photo P5310065.jpg

 photo P5310066.jpg

He likes to be in his high chair because he knows that means he is going to get food!

 photo P6030068.jpg

Teething.

 photo P6040076.jpg

I made these pj pants for Eli! (Thanks Annie!!)  They are from an old t shirt. Eli loves them and didn't want to take them off! 

 photo P6050081.jpg

Simon loves to sleep on his pillow.

 photo P6070082.jpg

He also loves it when I come to get him out of the crib.

 photo P6070087.jpg

Abe did "Safety Town" the past two weeks. He heard from guest speakers like policemen, fire fighters, a train controller, animal control, somebody taught him to avoid poison, not to litter, always wear a helmet when you ride your bike... lots of great stuff and new songs. He loved it! It was encouraging for me that he did so well being away for the mornings. We just might survive kindergarten after all.

 photo P6130105.jpg

Simon and Eli.

 photo P6210119.jpg

So happy!

 photo P6210123.jpg
 
Some fun facts about Simon at 8 months:  He is such a happy little boy. He has the biggest, sweetest smile.

He is really fast at crawling. I have to be careful where I put him down because he crawls away lightning fast as soon as he is on the floor. He really likes to crawl to the couch and stand up. He's not cruising yet, but he wants to. He falls down. A lot. He doesn't have the balance/coordination/common sense that he needs for how active he is.

He loves to pull laundry out of laundry baskets.

He is very ticklish and laughs easily. The other night Simon was in his high chair and Eli said "window!" Simon was laughing hysterically for about 5 minutes.

Simon loves to eat. I have been slow to introduce new foods, poor guy. He's a pro at getting puffs in his mouth.

Our schedule has been all over the place, so Simon cat naps in the carseat a lot. When we are at home I still like to snuggle or rock him to sleep. At night I usually feed him around 10:30 pm, 1:30 am and 4:30 am. Having said that, more and more recently he is only up once in the night!

He is getting really heavy. I try not to lug him around in the carseat as much anymore. He loves sitting in the shopping cart so much more than the carseat.

Simon puts everything in his mouth. He just started sticking his toes in his mouth! He likes to bite and chew on things. I hope he gets some teeth soon!

He really enjoys Baby Mozart and Beethoven movies. It has been such a blessing that those shows entertain him since we've been painting the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. You found your camera! He's turning into a little toddler! Love that enormous smile and those chubby thighs.

    ReplyDelete