We spent a lot of time at the pool this summer, even though it was one of the coldest summers I can remember. I usually go only if it was 80 degrees out, or warmer. This summer even if it was 75 degrees out we were there. Anyways, here's cute Simon ready to swim.

The boys like to snack during the ten minute breaks at the pool. They always ask for Ring Pops. We got them one time all summer, and they loved it!

577 Foundation


Eli did Tball for the first time! I think he only liked it because he was able to do it with Liam.


Swing, and a miss!


He ran the wrong way the first time. Haha!

Simon outside on a nice day.

Simon and Grandpa Jeff. Andy's parents and brother Daniel stayed with us for a week when Andy was called into the Bishopric. It was so fun to have them here!

Grandma took the boys out on a walk/bug hunt. We were very successful. She has so many fun ideas for things to do with the kids.

Dad busted out the ol' twelve string guitar one Sunday after church. It was fun to hear him play. I'd love to see him do this more often.

Rainy summer day fort.

Same rainy day. Trying to make the best of it.



Same rainy day, making a big mess painting.

Eli decided to try his hand at hair cutting. I'm so grateful he's a boy and we were easily able to buzz his head after this.

So, I really struggle going on outings with our kids. I do my best, but Eli and Simon are both so active, and tend to run in opposite directions, or get into trouble at the exact same time. This resulted in Simon spending a majority of the summer in the stroller. For as crazy as he can get, he is generally quite calm in the stroller. He took many naps while we were at the pool. What a blessing!


This may have been our first time at the pool. I had so much stuff. Bags with drinks, snacks, sunblock, toys, towels, goggles... I wait to dress Simon at the pool, because swim diapers really don't hold any liquids. I don't want to risk him making a mess between our house and the pool. It was too late when I realized for all the things that I remembered that I neglected to bring Simon's swim suit. D'oh! He didn't seem to mind.

Strawberry picking!


Making fun treats for a picnic.

Look how cold they look! I think their lips were blue!

Cutie Simon.


We love the library story time! This was their craft one time.

The zoo added flamingos recently, so they have this fun photo spot.

I guess Eli was not amused.

We bought bikes and a trailer in May. I love going for rides! We are still working on teaching Abe to ride without training wheels. He is so stubborn, and refuses to try. At least he is happy in this picture.

Look how red their faces are. This must have been one of the three hot days this summer.

Simon is one cool kid!

At one of the high school graduation parties we went to they had this bull set up for adults and kids to ride. (There was a guy operating it the whole time, so he could make easier for the little kids.) Eli marched up to it and was the first to ride it.

I was shocked when Abe rode it too. He did it 3 or 4 times. I had to pull him away, so other people could have a turn.

I don't recall the date, but it was "national donut day". What a great reason to go get a treat.

Simon doesn't waste time being tidy.

Abe wouldn't eat his donut once he got frosting on his hands.

Last day of Kindergarten.



Last day of school celebratory ice cream!



For quite a while we had the crib in the guest room, so I kept the changing pad on the bed. Simon loved to crawl off the pad during and after diaper changes. Silly goose.
No comments:
Post a Comment