We had a wonderful weekend watching General Conference. The boys did pretty well with it. To try to make it interesting for them we made this little board for them to look at:
Each picture of the apostle has some interesting facts about him. I found a printable on Pinterest, but can't find it now that I want to. Anyways, I printed the pictures and laminated them so we can use them over and over. This time we talked about the prophet and apostles leading up to conference, then during conference we asked the boys to try to match the apostle on the tv to one on our board. Each time an apostle spoke they matched found him on our board and got to choose some candy. We also gave them a treat if they sat and listened to the choir sing. I feel like there is such a great spirit that can be felt through music. I hope the boys can recognize that, even at such a young age. We encouraged the boys to play nearby the tv so they hopefully heard parts of the talks and learned a thing or two. We did have them sit with us and listen to Pres. Thomas S. Monson when he spoke. They did a nice job. Eight hours of conference is long for a kid. Heck, it's long for me and I'm an adult! Sitting still and listening to speaker after speaker is no easy task, no matter how wonderful the messages are that are shared.
To try to make the weekend extra exciting Andy and the boys got up Saturday morning and got a dozen donuts. Andy's favorite! The boys were thrilled. Andy said there are 12 apostles, so we got 12 "a-pastries." Ha! This might be a tradition we have to do every conference.
Here are a few more pictures of my sweet boys:
And here's a picture of me Sunday morning. 38 weeks pregnant, and wishing to be done. I feel enormous, my face, hands and feet are swollen and I am tired because I haven't slept well since August. I have done all the freezer cooking/ house cleaning/ organizing for baby that I am going to do. I'm nested and ready to meet this little boy! I really hope he comes this week.
Aw, wish I could be there to help you! Doing the next best thing though - watch your mailbox! :)
ReplyDelete12 a-pastries!? Too funny.
ReplyDeleteYou are so so so so so close to being done, Rach! Hang in there.