There was the Harrison Rally Day Parade. (It's this unique festival/celebration our town has for William Henry Harrison, who was briefly the President of the United States. I think he has some sort of connection to Ft. Meigs, so when he was campaigning for his election he came by this way and as far as I know they have been celebrating him around here once a year ever since.) That was a lot of fun! We met up with all the family in town and all the kids (but Eli) seemed to enjoy the parade and gathering as much candy as possible.
| They are so excited to get some candy! |
I have a separate post here with pictures from our annual apple picking experience. So much fun!
September means school started for all the big kids. Hopefully Abe will go to school next fall, but we decided not to put him in preschool. Instead I have made sure to spend a little time with him most days working on letters, writing, numbers, coloring and anything that we think will help prepare him to start school.
Eli also likes to color and do activities he sees Abe working on. He's such a cutie.
| Eli's favorite activity right now: Sorting beads by color. |
| Abe doing his favorite work book. |
We made it to the zoo this month. The aquarium is closing until 2015 for renovations, so we wanted to see it one last time while we could. We met up with some friends, which made it way more fun for everyone.
What a fun month! I know October is going to be hectic, but lots of fun too! The baby should be here in about 3 weeks or less (I hope)! That is so exciting and also so scary for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment