Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chex Muddy Buddies

I loved this snack as a kid, and I still love it as an adult!  I think when I was little we called it Puppy Chow.  Making this snack was on my list of things to do this summer, so even though summer is over I had the boys help me mix this up.  (It is nice for the summer because you don't have to use the oven.)

Here's the recipe:

9 cups Chex cereal (Crispix work great too)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup (half of a stick) butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside.  Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered 1 minute, stir.  Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour chocolate mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.  Pour into 2-gallon bag, add powdered sugar.  Shake until coated.  Spread on waxed paper to cool.

Note- Once the cereal was coated in chocolate I put it in a Ziplock container with a lid and added the sugar to shake it/coat it with the sugar.  I skipped cooling it on waxed paper as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment