I love breakfast for dinner! Especially after making a dinner that Abe and Eli don't like, I try to give them something they will enjoy for sure the next day.
I think this is a clever way to cook the eggs for sandwiches. I can't remember where I found this idea, but it is not something that I came up with. Thanks to whatever genius thought it up and shard it online.
Here's how I did it:
Ingredients:
English muffins or bagels (but the eggs won't fit on a bagel as well)
Eggs
Cheese
Bacon, sausage, ham, or Canadian bacon (optional)
Butter (optional)
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with oil really well. (No matter how well I grease the tins I seem to be unable to get the eggs out clean.) Crack an egg into each muffin area. I scrambled each egg once it was in the tin, but you could probably leave it unscrambled too. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how runny you like your eggs.
Once the eggs are cooked assemble the sandwiches. You can toast and butter the English muffins if you like. I didn't toast them this time because the boys especially have a hard time eating these if they are too crunchy. Put an egg, some cheese and meat on your muffin. Add some salt and pepper if you'd like. Since I didn't have warm, toasty English muffins I put the assembled sandwiches in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese a little.
We all loved these! My only complaint was that the eggs were a little thick/small on the English muffins, but that was only an issue for Abe and Eli eating the sandwiches. The eggs kept slipping off their sandwiches.
No comments:
Post a Comment