Saturday, September 29, 2012

Easy Spiced Pumpkin Muffins

Here's another Pinterest experiment that went very well.  Here is the link.

I love that it is only 3 ingredients, but mixing the pumpkin into the cake mix took longer than I expected.  I also felt like I didn't get everything mixed well enough, so some muffins tasted stronger of the pumpkin pie spice than others.

Andy and I really liked this recipe.  He said it could use some cream cheese frosting.  I think that would be really good, but I think cupcakes have frosting and muffins don't.  :)

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Spice Cake mix
  • 1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (Andy said this was too much.)
Directions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice.
  2. Bake according to directions on the cake mix box.
Note- The cake mix said it should have made 24 muffins, but I got 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment