Saturday, September 29, 2012

Easy Italian Breadsticks

I love moneysavingmom.com, and here is a great recipe from her for breadsticks.  It is really close to another recipe that I have and love, but it was different enough that I wanted to see how it went.

Andy said he preferred these, but I might like the others a little better.  That might only be because the directions said to let them rise 20 minutes, where the other recipe they rise an hour, so they are lighter/fluffier.  I'd like to try these again, but give them more time to rise and see how they turn out.  I really liked the Italian seasoning and garlic in these.

Here's the recipe:
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 3 Tablespoons butter, melted (I used unsalted)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I used 1 1/4)
  • 3 cups flour (I used bread flour)
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
Topping:
  • 2 Tablespoons butter (melted)
  • 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Place ingredients in your bread machine in order listed. Run the dough cycle. When complete, divide the dough into 12 balls and form into 4-6-inch ropes. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Mix the butter and parmesan cheese and brush over bread sticks as soon as they come out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment