Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Caramel Pecan Rolls

These rolls remind me of Christmas mornings growing up.  I recall Christmas Eve before going to bed we would get the table set for breakfast the next morning while my mom prepared these rolls and an egg casserole.  It was prefect because we'd wake up all excited, open gifts while the eggs and rolls cooked, and right about the time we finished with presents it was time to eat.  I do remember going back to bed shortly after breakfast those Christmas mornings.  Ah, good times!

These are super easy to make, and they are very tasty!

Caramel Pecan Rolls

24 Rhodes frozen rolls
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans
1 package of cook and serve butterscotch pudding
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar

Grease 9x13 pan.
Put rolls in.
Combine cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle over rolls.
Sprinkle pecans over that.
Sprinkle dry pudding next.
Melt butter and brown sugar together and pour on top.
Cover with foil and let sit out on counter overnight.
Remove the foil.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  (Put the foil back on to keep the rolls from burning.)
Turn the rolls upside down on a cookie sheet or big platter.

I find that these are best eaten right away.

Tip- The middle rolls will be much less cooked than the outside rolls.  I prefer the well done ones, myself.  I cook these as long as I can so the inner rolls are cooked through as much as possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment