Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter 2014

We colored some eggs on Saturday.

 photo 20140419_130535.jpg

We had a really nice Easter. The boys woke up around 6:30, so excited to see what the Easter bunny brought and find eggs. We asked them not to sneak downstairs, so they came into bed with Andy and me until closer to 7 when Simon woke up. 

Ready to see what was downstairs.

 photo 20140420_071356.jpg

I was sad to see that many of my pictures turned out blurry. I am still getting used to the camera on my phone. Also, I didn't get any good pictures of Simon during the hunt. He found two eggs. He had one in each hand. When he walked up to any other eggs he couldn't pick them up. It was pretty funny.

 photo 20140420_071443.jpg

 photo 20140420_071904.jpg

 photo 20140420_071939.jpg

 photo 20140420_072400.jpg

 photo 20140420_072545.jpg

 photo 20140420_073341.jpg

Lots of goodies!

 photo 20140420_073614.jpg

The boys were so excited to get electric toothbrushes in their baskets. That's one way to get them to brush.

 photo 20140420_075019.jpg

Before church I got a few shots of the boys all matchy matchy.

 photo 20140420_082937.jpg

Simon is actually crying in this shot, but it sort of looks like a smile.

 photo 20140420_083040.jpg

 photo P4200020.jpg

 photo P4200010.jpg

 photo P4200023.jpg

For breakfast I made "Eggs Fantastic". One of Grandma Griffioen's recipes. It is pretty much a breakfast casserole with bread, eggs and milk (no sausage like my mom's recipe). The boys and I really liked it.

 photo 20140420_085330.jpg

This Easter was special for us because Simon went to nursery for the first time! He did pretty well. I guess he ended up needing a diaper change, so when Andy brought him back to nursery Simon was upset. Fortunately it was snack time, and that cheered Simon right up.

 photo 20140420_111536.jpg

After church we had a wonderful lunch with all our family in town.  It was a lovely, sunny day outside, so the kids played in Nana and Grandpa's yard while the adults sat at the patio table and talked.  We also Skyped with Andy's family up in Idaho.  I wish we could have spent the day with them too.  We are looking forward to visiting them this summer.  Every day Eli asks me if we are going to California to visit tomorrow.  I think we are going to make a countdown chain to show him we have a little while to wait.

We love our family so much.  I am grateful to know that thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, that we can be together forever.  On Easter it is joyous to remember that Jesus lived again, and we will too.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment