Sunday, June 14, 2015

House Updates

I haven't posted since January!!  Yikes!

I have been meaning to post pictures for a few months now. They are so unorganized it is making it difficult to choose where to start. While this isn't pictures of our cute boys, it is exciting to see our house transform into what we really want it to be. We spent a lot of April and May working on our rooms downstairs. Let me take you on a tour!

I painted the desk (it was white before, but got dinged up and filthy), the yellow and gray/yellow drawers are new, and the door leading to the garage finally has trim!!

 photo 20150614_182427.jpg

I love this so much! Last year we painted the walls and fireplace. This time around we reupholstered the fireplace seat. It took me several months to choose the fabric, but I think I nailed it. We painted and added new hardware to our mini dressers and got some fun decor for the mantle. Transformation complete!

 photo 20150614_182440.jpg

One of these days we will get new couches. For now we just painted the end table white and got table lamps (from Costco) to help with the poor lighting in the family room.

 photo 20150614_182557.jpg

New door and new trim around the door leading to the basement. (We still need to paint it and add the door knob.) The pantries, which we have owned over 2 years are finally painted and installed! (We have hardware, we just need to install it too.)

 photo 20150614_182710.jpg

New floor! I love it so much! I will dig through our photos. I know I have a before shot somewhere. Andy installed the whole floor by himself. (I said we should just pay to have somebody do it.) We also have new kitchen chairs with pads that we found at IKEA. The tack boards are also new to us from a garage sale. Now we just want to paint or stain the table. Most likely gray.

 photo 20150614_182620.jpg

Another shot to show off the awesome floor. Our handyman Mike put in all the baseboards and trim.

 photo 20150614_182724.jpg

Just a reminder of our nice big kitchen. I spend a lot of time here, so it's thrilling for me to have it be such a beautiful space. We painted the cupboards a year or two ago. The walls were 2 shades of blue before we landed on this blue/gray that I love love love! (Thanks Anna!)

 photo 20150614_182743.jpg

Here is a close up of some of the trim. Mike did such a great job!

 photo 20150614_182759.jpg

Transition piece between kitchen and entryway. We hope to eventually sand and re-stain the parkay flooring a little darker.

 photo 20150614_182808.jpg

From the kitchen to the entryway. I found the blue bench at Target. It's so nice to have a place to sit and put shoes on. We painted the walls gray and the door white.

 photo 20150614_182819.jpg

The closet door was dark brown, so I painted it white. I didn't like it at first because it was so different. Now I think it looks really sharp.

 photo 20150614_182835.jpg

We painted the spindles white. I think it's a nice touch.

 photo 20150614_182844.jpg

A fun photo collage. I painted the frames white and blue myself. I am so pleased with the results.

 photo 20150614_182853.jpg

From the entryway to the parlor. We put up new curtains (from Target)and a new clock (from Hobby Lobby).

 photo 20150614_182914.jpg

We painted the fireplace white and the shelves gray. We added some fun decor (from Hobby Lobby). The mirror is also new (from Target).

 photo 20150614_182927.jpg

From the parlor to the reading room.I tidied up my recipe books/binders and jars of food that I keep handy.

 photo 20150614_183052.jpg

Also in the reading room is the piano. Abe is learning to play. I am so proud of him!

 photo 20150614_183042.jpg

This switch in the reading room is for the kitchen light. It's a big reason it took us two years to install the pantries. The pantries were so big they covered the wall where the light switch was before. We thought we'd use a little box Andy found at the hardware store to contain the wires inside the pantry, so the switch would be on the side of the pantry still in the kitchen. Mike said it was a fire hazard, so this was our best option. It's a little funny sometimes to have the switch in the reading room, but it works. It is just so nice to have the extra storage space, so I am okay with it.

 photo 20150614_183120.jpg

I think that is everything. We still have lots of little things here and there to finish up, but we worked so hard for two months and we are burned out. We are happy with how far we have come. Now we can do the rest here and there until we're done. Although, by then gray probably won't be the "in" color and we'll have to start all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment