Monday, March 26, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Bars

I had a big stack of recipes to post, and I lost them. But I just found them!! I'm so happy!

This is one of my favorite desserts to make. And eat. :) I've had this recipe for several years, and it is written on an index card, with no reference as to where it came from. I would guess it's from Kraft, since it has Oreo cookies, Philadelphia cream cheese and the option to add Breakstone's sour cream. I think those are all Kraft products. Not that you have to use those brands. I only get them if I can get them cheaper than the store brands, which is rare these days.

We all love this recipe. It's easy and delicious. It's also easy to cut the recipe in half and bake in an 8x8 dish instead.

Here's the recipe:

Cookies 'N Cream Cheesecake Squares

Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 4 hr min

Ingredients

50 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

Special Extra: For a creamier cheesecake, stir 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream into batter with cookies. (I usually add at least a few Tablespoons of sour cream. More, depending on how much sour cream I have at the time.)

Preparation

PLACE 30 of the cookies in food processor container; cover. Process 30 to 45 seconds or until finely ground. Add butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.

MIX cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended. Chop remaining 20 cookies. Gently stir 1-1/2 cups of the chopped cookies into cream cheese batter. Pour over crust; sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies.

BAKE at 350°F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment