It was a pretty low key day. We started the day with presents!! Andy and I couldn't wait for him to open his gifts. Eli was surprisingly unenthusiastic. He liked the gifts, but wasn't nearly as excited as we thought he'd be.
| I can't get pictures of Eli looking at the camera with his eyes open... |
Eli really wanted to dress up in costumes. It was his special day, so I couldn't say no to such a simple request.
Even though it was his birthday, Eli still got in trouble and spent some time in the corner.
Eli asked for Chick Fil A for dinner, especially to be able to play on the slide. It was not crowded at all, which was perfect! They even brought Eli a cup of ice cream and sang happy birthday to him. I wasn't expecting that, so it was a nice surprise. Andy made fun of me for taking so many pictures at dinner. I am glad I took so many, and I wish I had more!
Right after dinner we had cake and ice cream. We invited over our family members in town, but people were busy and sick, and didn't want to risk getting what we've been sick with (which is smart!), so in the end it was just us and Grandpa. I don't think Eli minded. It meant more cake for us! Eli asked for this cake that we saw on the internet. I am pleased with how it turned out.
| Thank you Pinterest! |
| Eli with his present from Grandpa. |
| Eli is such a messy eater! Good thing I love him so much! |
I'm glad you took tons of pictures and that you're proud of it too! That cake looks fantastic. I'm way impressed.
ReplyDeleteRach, your kids are getting old.