Thursday, February 21, 2013

What a month!!

I have a goal for myself to post weekly.  Obviously I have not been doing so great at that...  There are always excuses, but this month the excuses are legit.  :)  My younger sister, Libby,  was in town and distracted me for a little over a week.  We played games, watched our favorite shows, cooked, exercised...  It was so much fun!  My biggest regret is that I didn't take any pictures of her or her sweet little baby!  Drat!  Then, not long after she went back to Utah, the boys and I got sick with a terrible cold.  I even went to the doctor, so that shows how terrible I felt.  Once the boys and I recovered from the cold I got sick again, but this time with a stomach bug.  Yuck.  And unfortunately Andy got sick with the nasty cold at the same time I was sick and throwing up.  It's been crazy.  (Plus Andy's car has been having problems and was in the shop twice, so that has been stressful.)  I am just grateful that Simon somehow didn't get sick, and that we all seem to be better now.

I did want to share a few pictures of sweet Simon.  He is 4 months old already!  We had his 4 month check up a few weeks ago.  He is 14 lbs 6 oz and 23 inches long. He is 1st %ile for height and about 35th %ile for weight. He is short and fat! Oh, so fat!

H
e is really chatty. I love his sweet little voice. He is giggling more and more. It's the sweetest thing! Simon still rocks at tummy time! He "rolls over" (I'd still describe it more like flopping over) from his tummy to his back no problem. Today he has successfully rolled from back to tummy twice! He has been soooo close for a while now, so I'm happy he's making progress. We've put him in the exersaucer a few times, and he seems to like it. He is really short, so we give him a book to stand on so he can reach.  He has been grabbing at toys, which is fun. He is still doing well with the schedule, but I am thinking about switching things up to have him eat every 4 hours instead of 3. I don't know if I really want to do that yet, because he is doing so well with the 3 hour routine.

He eats lightning fast! Seriously, 5-10 minutes total and he's done. I try to make him eat longer and he won't do it. Silly boy. At least I know he is gaining weight.


Simon!!  4 months old

Simon testing out the exersaucer.
Just for fun, here is Abe at 4 months.
Abe again, at 4 months.
This is Eli at 4 months.

Eli is 4 months old here.  That puts Abe at 2 years old in this shot.
Simon again.  Just to make it easier to compare to Eli.

Okay, I think the boys have their own looks, but Eli and Simon seem to have more of a resemblance to each other than with Abe.  They are all good looking little boys!!  (In my own, unbiased opinion.)

It's fun for me to look back at the bigger boys when they were so small.  It's been a great reminder to me of how fast they grow up.  I hope to do better at enjoying these boys as much as possible every day!

Eli just turned 3... pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment