Here are some shots of the decorations:


Everyone got a pirate hat and eye patch. The kids decorated "spy glasses" with stickers.



Before Abe decided he wanted a pirate party he knew he wanted an anaconda cake. To make it fit with the pirate theme we just gave him an eye patch.

Abe loved it!


Abe loved pretending to be a pirate. He was pretty convincing:

Say "arrr!" like a pirate!

Smile!

Andy made a treasure map and led the kids on a treasure hunt.




Simon was supposed to be napping...


The last clue.

Abe knew where to go!

(The treasure was in the ottoman.)

Everybody got some treasure! (Rolos!)


Abe loved his new presents. He kept saying, I love my new sticker book! I love my new game! I love my new boat! I love my new speeder!

Abe did much better being sung to this year. He even blew out the candle himself.


Hooray for a fun birthday party! It will probably be another 5 years before Abe gets to do this again.
Aw man, all of your updates make me miss you terribly. You're such a fun Mom!
ReplyDelete