Thursday, February 27, 2014

This winter is killing me..


I can't believe how cold and snowy it has been this year. According to one of our local news stations on Tuesday night we reached 73.5 inches of snow, to beat the record set back in 1978 of 73.1 inches. We got a little more snow this morning, and it looks like we will get more this weekend. And tonight we will have a low of negative 10 degrees. Yeah, this winter might just do me in. I wish we could send the snow/rain to California. I know they are having a bad drought right now.

A few weeks back we took advantage of all this snow and took the boys sledding for the first time. It was bitter cold, but we had the hill to ourselves. We all had a great time!

Eli couldn't wait for Andy to get to the top with the disc.

 photo 20140215_101345.jpg

Simon had a few turns sledding with Andy before we put him in the van to watch a movie. I think he would have liked to play more, but it was just too cold.

 photo 20140215_101446.jpg

Abe took several turns going down on his tummy too.

 photo 20140215_103052.jpg

My boys!

 photo 20140215_103429.jpg

 photo 20140215_103631.jpg

 photo 20140215_105006.jpg

 photo 20140215_105216.jpg

We didn't have any plans set on President's Day, so to do something fun for Abe's day off school we had a little indoor picnic. I think the boys were just excited that I gave them juice boxes for once.

 photo 20140217_112134.jpg

 photo 20140217_112154.jpg

Can you see how big this pile of snow is?! It was taller than me, and just barely shorter than Andy. It made shoveling snow difficult because we had to throw it so high to get it over the existing snow piles. It might be time for us to get a snow blower.

 photo 20140218_083309.jpg

We have also been ill more than usual this winter. Three cases of double ear infections, bronchiolitis, and cold after cold after cold. I think Simon slept through the night for the first time in two weeks last night. The picture doesn't show how bad his eyes were. They were swollen, watery, gunky, goopy and crusty from having such a bad runny nose. I thought it might be pink eye, but it was just a double ear infection. That's two in less than a month, so if he gets another he'll probably need tubes in his ears.

 photo 20140223_110523.jpg

Spring can come any time now! I am ready to go for walks and play at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment