This is adapted from a Costco cookbook. We love it! (I'm just going to post my adaptations.)
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 tsp dry parsley
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/2 tsp salt
(It calls for 1 tsp pepper. I skip it.)
1 lb tilapia (I buy them frozen, so I thaw them out)
Whisk together EVOO, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil and salt. Pour into a resealable bag. Add tilapia, coat with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (It's fine if you don't marinate the fish ahead of time. Sometimes I forget, or don't have time to do it ahead.)
It says to use an outdoor grill. I use my grill pan on the stove.
Serve with mango salsa:
1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 Tablespoons minced red onion
1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
(I add an avocado chopped up)
(It calls for a jalapeno, seeded and minced as well as pepper to taste. I skip both.)
Chop it all up and mix it together. If using an avocado it helps to add it last, so it doesn't get too mushy.
This goes with the tilapia really well. Our boys prefer tartar sauce. Sometimes I just chop a fresh mango and put that on my tilapia.
No comments:
Post a Comment