Saturday, January 14, 2012

Basement

It has been such a busy start to the year. I keep thinking I want to post pictures and recipes, but we've been working really hard in our basement. I have not had any time. Our foundation is cracking, shifting, and leaking water, so we are going to get it repaired and waterproofed. We have had to take down the panels and dry wall, and move everything 5 feet away from the walls. We had to take a lot of stuff being stored down there and put it upstairs in a spare bedroom.

I thought I had pictures of the basement before we got started, but this is all I have from when Andy and Hans started to remove the panels.

Photobucket

This is the nice closet to keep Eli out of the sump pump.

Photobucket

Here it is after all of our hard work:

Photobucket

It is scary to see just how bad some of the cracks are. The photos don't show just how big they are:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't wait for this to be taken care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment