These cookies taste so good! They are festive for Christmas too. I already can't wait to make them for Christmas this year! I liked the look of the truffle ones with the green frosting a lot. I think next time I will add peppermint to the frosting for another layer of mint flavor.
Here's the recipe:
Mint Kiss Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1/3-1/2 c. vegetable oil (I like closer to 1/2 c.)
2 eggs
40 mint hershey's kisses, unwrapped (I used 20 mint truffle, and 20 candy cane kisses)
1/2 cup or so vanilla or cream cheese frosting dyed green (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine cake mix, oil and egg in mixer. Mix to combine.
Scoop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet. The dough is REALLY crumbly, so make sure you pack it into the scoop to make sure they hold together. I actually have a little baby ice cream scoop that I think is about 1T., and it was the perfect size for these. If you don't have a handy little scoop, just roll them into little balls. With my scoop it made exactly 40 balls. 20 per cookie sheet.
Cook 8-10 minutes. Pull from oven, press a kiss in the center of each cookie and return to oven for 1 minute.
Cool for a couple minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. You can eat them now, or, to jazz up the mint truffle kisses (which are just a boring brown on the outside), drizzle a little bit of green frosting on top. Yum!
Abe was just as excited as I was to give these a try:


I love the shot of Abe watching them cook! What a cute boy.
ReplyDeleteAnd using the chocolate cookie base makes this recipe insanely versatile--you can pretty much pop any flavor of kiss on top and it will be delicious. Love it!
I've been making these for the last two years, but my recipe comes from Our Best Bites...delicious. Candy cane kisses are the best kisses out there.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/11/candy-cane-kiss-cookies/
Kim- Thanks for the link. I can't wait to try her recipe for the cookies from scratch instead of using cake mix. Also, I can't wait to look through the recipes from Our Best Bites.
ReplyDelete