Thursday, January 12, 2012

Easy Morning Glory Muffins

I love baking. Cookies. Cakes. Muffins. Anything. This is a great recipe that I have made a few times. I would describe it as a carrot cake in muffin size. Delicious! The last time that I made it my boys refused to eat them. Maybe I should have put some vanilla frosting on top and told them it was a cupcake!

I can't remember where I originally found the recipe, but I was able to look it up here:

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Morning-Glory-Muffins-Allrecipes

Here's the recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour (purpose)
1 14 cups white sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
14 tsp salt
2 cups shredded carrots
12 cup raisins
12 cup chopped walnuts
12 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened)
1 apple (peeled cored and shredded)
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
2In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, nuts, coconut, and apple.
3In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
4Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

The only change I make is I do 18 muffins instead of 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment