Saturday, June 16, 2012

Spruced up Black Beans

This is another element that is a must-have when I make Cafe Rio burritos or salads at home.  My sister Ruth shared this recipe with me.  Thank you Ruth!

This recipe calls for some tomato sauce.  Since I use this recipe on my burritos or salads I don't want it to be runny/saucy, so I use a little tomato paste instead.  It has always yielded great results.

Here's the recipe:

Beans

* 1 can (15-16oz) Black Beans drained and rinsed
* 2 Tablespoons Onion, finely chopped
* 2 cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (I usually leave this out)
* 8 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce (I use a few Tablespoons of tomato paste)
* 3 Tablespoons Cilantro, Chopped
* 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (This is a lot of oil to me, so I use 1/2 Tablespoon)

Directions:
Chop onions and garlic. Heat extra virgin olive oil on medium high heat and cook onions and garlic with cumin until soft. Add all other ingredients and simmer at least ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment