Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tomatillo Ranch Dressing

I love this dressing on a copy cat Cafe Rio salad, it's great for quesadillas, and I think I put some on our Crispy SW Wraps the last time I made them.  There are lots of great uses for this dressing. 

I have made this recipe with and without the tomatillos.  It's fantastic either way.  When I skip the tomatillos the dressing is definitely thicker, but I'm fine with that.  My source for this recipe is my sister Ruth. 

Here's the recipe:

Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing

Things you'll need:

* 1 pkg hidden valley ranch
* 1 cup mayonnaise (Andy prefers Miracle Whip, so that's what I use)
* 1 cup chopped cilantro
* 2 cloves garlic
* 3 tomatillos (can skip if you can't find them- or if they are crazy expensive)
* 1/3 cup buttermilk
* 1/4 tsp cayenne (I'll often skip this or add a dash of cayenne max.  Otherwise it's too spicy for me.)

Directions:

Blend all ingredients except mayo in blender and mix well. Then add mayonnaise and pulse until creamy Store in fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Making my grocery list and these ingredients are going on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love it as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete