Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cookies 'N Cream Cheesecake Squares

I have had and loved this recipe for several years now.  I have it on a 3x5 index card with no reference where it came from.   It might be off an Oreo cookie container or something like that.  I like making cheesecake bars instead of a round cheesecake because I feel less pressure for it to look as nice.  :)  My cheesecakes always crack and are a little extra golden around the edges.  The nice thing is, it always tastes amazing, even if it isn't the prettiest.  


The recipe says as an extra that you can add sour cream.  I always do, and it is delicious!  (And I use light sour cream)


Here's the recipe:

Cookies 'N Cream Cheesecake Squares

Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 4 hr min

Ingredients
50 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

Preparation
PLACE 30 of the cookies in food processor container; cover. Process 30 to 45 seconds or until finely ground. Add butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.

MIX cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended. Chop remaining 20 cookies. Gently stir 1-1/2 cups of the chopped cookies into cream cheese batter. Pour over crust; sprinkle with remaining chopped cookies.

BAKE at 350°F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.

Special Extra: For a creamier cheesecake, stir 1 cup Sour Cream into batter with cookies.


Tips: 
Line pan with aluminum foil for easy serving.
Can half the recipe and bake in 8x8 baking dish.
15 cookies is approximately 1 1/2 cups crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment