The boys loved these! They had theirs with pancake syrup and I had mine with lemon juice, powdered sugar and fresh raspberries.
As I was reading the comments for this recipe (which I found on Pinterest here: http://momathonblog.typepad.com/momathon_blog/2008/07/recipe-mini-german-pancakes.html) somebody said these are Yorkshire puddings. It makes me interested in looking up Yorkshire pudding recipes and trying those too.
I wanted these to be a little extra sweet, so I added some vanilla and sugar to the batter.
Here's the recipe:
Mini German Pancakes
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 cup milk (you can use skim or low fat milk if you want)
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
(I added 2 Tbs sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla)
Toppings: Powdered sugar and lemon juice, or maple syrup
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425. Spray cupcake pans with no-stick cooking
spray. Mix eggs, milk, flour and salt just enough to blend (mix in the sugar and vanilla if you want). (Do not over
mix. Batter will be lumpy.) Pour batter in cupcake pans. Makes approx.
12-16 mini German pancakes. Bake 18-25 minutes depending on type of
cupcake pan and the amount of batter in each cupcake tin. Remove from
oven. Let cool for just a minute or two. Remove mini pancakes from pan.
Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with powdered sugar. You can also
serve with maple syrup if you prefer instead of using lemon juice.
| These ones puffed up and folded over like I am used to seeing. |
| These ones didn't fold over. They puffed up and deflated once they came out of the oven. Still tasted great though. |
This sound fantastic! If I use whole wheat flour, these even work with our new food rules!
ReplyDeleteDid you just use regular sized muffin tins? The first shot looks like it could be jumbo sized muffins.
Ruth- Let me know how they taste with whole wheat flour if you try these. I used regular sized muffin tins, and they worked great.
ReplyDelete