Monday, July 16, 2012

Haircut

I usually go about a year between haircuts.  I had a really bad experience when I was younger.  I never liked to do my hair, so my mom always had me keep my hair short so it was manageable.  Short, as in chin length or so.  Then the fateful haircut left me looking like a boy.  The longest part of my hair touched the top of my ears.  Plus my favorite color at the time was blue and much of my wardrobe was blue, so I was mistaken for a boy all the time.  Terrible.  I've always been wary of haircuts since then.

This haircut was a definite success!!  I went to a salon academy in town.  It only cost $10.  This place had the salon feel, but so much cheaper!  It is a little risky having a student with only a few months experience cutting my hair.  I realize that.  At least I know it's risky instead of going in with full confidence in the hair stylist only to be let down.  I was so happy with how this haircut turned out.  And the great thing is: so far I have been able to style my hair on my own and it looks pretty good.  That is a big deal to me because I am so bad at doing my hair. 

Here are a few pictures:

Before.  Yikes.

After.  Hooray!


And here's a belly shot too.  I am 25 weeks along here.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Your hair looks fantastic.
    2. You are SO tan.
    3. You're a ridiculously cute pregnant woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks on all accounts Libby! You are very kind!

    ReplyDelete