Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summertime!

Summer just keeps getting better and better!

We went to a county fair on Tuesday with some friends.  I don't really remember going to the fair as a kid, so I was eager to see what fun things there were to do.  We looked at the farm animals, had a picnic lunch and the kids went on the fun rides.  I was especially pleased to get free parking and admission to the fair! 


Abe did NOT like how it smelled near the animals.






We go to the swimming pool every day that we can.  Abe has really overcome his fear of the water, which has made going to the pool a lot more fun this year.  I usually don't take pictures, but I tried to take a few this week:






Abe "swimming like a fish."

There is a ten minute break every hour where the kids have to get out of the pool.  The boys come out of the pool and have a snack every break.  It's usually grapes, or pretzels or something boring.  Sometimes I am the best mom in the world and bring them candy, like Ring Pops:


We love to go to the parks around town.  Abe and Eli are really good at sticking together, which I love.  Eli is a good sport about going up the steps when Abe does things too hard for Eli to do.




I love a good freebie, so this week we took advantage of Chick-Fil-A's "dress like a cow for a free meal" promotion.  It was simple to make the costumes (if you can call them that), and the boys and I really enjoyed our meals.



We celebrated Andy's birthday this week!  I wanted to have a big party with lots of friends over, but Andy wanted to keep it low-key, so we did.


The boys and Andy put together this sweet fort.  I remember loving forts when I was growing up.  The boys had a lot of fun, but Eli destroyed it pretty fast.  I don't think Abe was very happy about that.


1 comment:

  1. The ears and tail were the perfect touch for their costumes. So cute. I really do love your little family.

    ReplyDelete