Monday I was able to take the boys to the movie theater for free! They had never been to a movie before, so when I heard that a theater in town did kids movies in the summer for free I couldn't resist. The movies they show are older and on DVD already, but that doesn't matter to me. It was a fun experience, plus it was a movie we hadn't seen before, Happy Feet 2. We went with some friends and had a great time. There were LOTS of commercials and previews. Eli kept asking me, "penguins?" He had never seen previews before, so I think he was slightly confused.
Here are the boys at the theater (the pictures don't really show it, but they have boosters at the theater! Who knew?):
Tuesday was July 3rd, and in our town that means fireworks! (I think it's so people can also go see Toledo's fireworks, which are on the 4th.) We went to a fun BBQ with some friends, then walked to the fireworks display. It was extremely hot outside. The kids especially loved the Popsicles to help cool down a little.
We were a little worried about Abe. He is very sensitive to loud sounds, so the past two years he and I have stayed away from the fireworks. This year we thought we'd give it a try, but have him wear my brother's ear protection. Abe was really excited about it.
So we walked over to watch the fireworks, and what should happen? A total downpour! I have been to the fireworks in town since I was a kid and I never remember getting rained on! But there were about 5 minutes of heavy rain. It slowed down and stopped raining about 10 minutes later. We were nervous the fireworks would be canceled, but in the end they were just delayed about 30 minutes. Abe did great watching the fireworks. Eli too. Eli was exhausted. The fireworks didn't start until 10:30, so he had pretty much had it by then. He kept crawling into my lap trying to snuggle up and go to sleep. The noise of the fireworks was a little too loud for him. He drifted off pretty fast once we put him in the stroller to walk back to the car.
| Andy's shirt is wet from rain- NOT sweat. |
| Happy Independence Day! |
| The kids loved the glow sticks (from the dollar store). |
| Sleepy Eli. |
The whole day was pretty low-key. We went to the pool. Andy cut the boys' hair. We had dinner with my family. It was really nice.
And here are some other random pictures from this week:
The boys are typically much easier to get to bed nowadays because they are worn out from playing and running around outside all day. One night we put the boys to bed and they were quiet up there, so we figured they were asleep. I did some work on my computer and as I was heading up to bed I nearly stepped on Abe! He is sneaky at coming down the stairs, and we didn't catch him, but he must have been too tired to go any further.
Abe is in a soccer basics program through the city this summer. He has these great shin guards that he is happy to wear, and he has come to love running around kicking the ball.
It was insanely hot out this week. Between soccer and the pool opening they had this sprinkler going at the municipal park, and the boys really enjoyed it.
Before summer started I made a list of fun things to try to do as a family. One thing we checked off this week was going to Sonic for half-priced slushies.
Another thing on the list was going to a dollar store and letting the boys choose any three things they wanted. Eli was thrilled with his helicopter and candy.
Abe was content with his candy, fishing pole and FBI kit. I love the glasses!
We were all pretty worn out by the end of the week.
This one is so random, but hilarious to me. Every time the boys get a bath they get wrapped up in their towels and walk to their bedroom. Then they curl up into a ball and cover themselves completely and pretend to be "rocks". They giggle and move a little and Andy and I play along, and it's pretty funny. I wanted to get a picture because I realized that some day they won't be rocks anymore after bath time. I want to remember how cute and silly these boys are!
| Did that rock just move? |
It's weeks like this that make me wish the boys could stay 2 and 4 forever and that it would always be summertime.
Looks like the dollar store was a hit! I don't think I've ever seen Eli look happier!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your little rocks! What cute boys!