Thursday, October 16, 2014

Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken

I found this recipe here.

Libby had this Pinned, and said it was a good one. I finally got around to making it. I liked it, and so did Andy. The boys ate it, but had us put tomato spaghetti sauce on it. The boys don't like rice, so we served this on pasta. (I had some leftover rice, and put had some of this sauce over rice. I preferred it with the pasta.) This was yummy, and I'll be making it again. I love finding good slow cooker recipes.

Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken


Ingredients:
4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved (I used 2 lbs)
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix (I used .7 oz from Aldi)
2 ounces water
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (or regular soup) (I used regular. This was a little salty, but I liked it.)
1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I skipped this)
hot cooked rice or pasta


Directions:
Place the chicken breast halves in the crock pot.
Combine the Italian dressing mix and water until smooth; pour over top of chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Combine the cream cheese and soup until smooth and blended.
Stir in mushroom pieces.
Pour soup mixture over chicken.
Cook 1 hour more or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment