Saturday, October 4, 2014

Pumpkin Bars

We love to have lots of treats while we are watching General Conference. This time around Andy requested these specific bars made using Mom's recipe that he loves from growing up. They are really good. I usually do a cream cheese frosting, but I followed the instructions to do a vanilla frosting instead.  At first Andy said the frosting was too sweet, but he came around.  :)  They are amazing!!

Pumpkin Bars

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
15 oz can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I used my Kitchenaid with the whisk attachment. I put the eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar together and mixed it all up. In a separate, medium bowl I sifted everything else together. Then I mixed the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. 

Grease a half sheet pan. Spread the batter all over the pan as evenly as possible. Bake 25-30 minutes.

Frost it when cooled.

This is the vanilla frosting recipe I used:

32 oz powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons salted butter
2 tsp vanilla
Milk- I started with 1/4 cup and kept adding until it was the right consistency for spreading, sorry that's not as precise as I like to be.

I mixed all the ingredients together in the Kitchenaid. I melted the butter.

This makes a whole lot, so try not to eat it all. We might try to freeze some of the bars for later, but I don't know for sure how well they will defrost.



 photo 20141004_184433.jpg

I can't believe how much we have eaten already! It's sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment