Sunday, October 19, 2014

Simon Fun Facts 2014


Some fun facts about Simon at 2 years old... He loves animals. I don't know where he gets that from because I sure don't. Any time he sees a dog or cat he gets really excited. He loves the zoo, because there are animals galore to check out. He recognizes many different animals and does some pretty good impressions.

Simon is a climber. He gets into all kinds of trouble climbing up things, and I really have to keep an eye on him.

Simon is very loud. He likes to talk, talk, talk. Really just a chatterbox. All day long. He has no clue how to whisper. He likes to yell and shout and scream all day. By 4 pm I am ready for him to go to bed, but 6:30 will have to do for now. He is still taking a great nap most mornings, and I am so grateful for the time he gives me to be with Eli or do house projects.

If he is quiet I figure he is up to no good. Usually he is quiet when he is sneaking my kitchen utensils out of the cupboards. When he sees me coming he drops whatever he is holding and runs for his life away from me. It's pretty funny.

Simon loves SuperWhy. When he goes to bed on his way up the stairs he says good night to Dad, brothers, Whyatt and the Super Readers. (Also several Pokemon sometimes too.) He loves Curious George or "Monkey George" as he calls him.

Simon loves cheese. Especially Havarti slices from Costco. He love love loves fruit. He also gobbles up pasta. He doesn't like green beans or meat very much.

He is a little clumsy and gets bumps and bruises from his spills. He is a tough little guy. He likes to wrestle around with Eli, but Eli plays too rough, I think. Simon doesn't seem to mind. He wants to be just like his big brothers.

Simon doesn't like socks. I was the same way when I was a kid. Lucky for me, he tolerates socks pretty well. He does take them off and toss them out of his crib during naptime if I forget to do it for him,

I think his favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He knows most of the words. I love to hear him sing it.

When we do family scripture study we have started giving him a verse to repeat. I should get a video because the intonation of his voice goes up at the end every time. I don't know quite how to describe it, but it is really cute.

Simon is a happy, sweet little guy. I love his hugs and kisses, and I can't believe how fast he is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment