Red Ribbon Race 10k
I did a 10k race this morning. It was cold at first, but once we got running it was perfect. Well, a little windy at times, but a beautiful day for a run. My goal was to do 9 minute miles. I beat my goal! I ran it in 52 minutes and 35 seconds! My pace was 8 minutes 29 seconds per mile. I got second place in my age group and 14th overall for the race. I don't know how many people were in the race, at least 58. I got a cramp in my right side at the fourth mile. I was running faster than I am used to. I think I had adrenaline pumping, and was excited for the race, so I started off faster than I had planned. The second half of the race I was tired and it was difficult to keep up my pace, but I didn't want to get passed by anybody. :) I nearly threw up at the end. I'm so glad I didn't!!
My prize was a water bottle! Abe was excited he got a water bottle at a school fundraiser yesterday.
Eli was proud of me too.
Brian, Christina, baby Cece, Zach, Kim, me and Bob. I'm so glad we did this race!
No comments:
Post a Comment