Sunday, February 5, 2012

Instant Oatmeal Packets

I love Pinterest! I have found so many fun and useful things there. One of my most recent Pins was for onceamonthmom.com and I have a new favorite breakfast recipe that I found on that site. I have made oatmeal using my quick oats before, but it never tasted as good as this. I am sure the difference is the powdered milk. Genius! http://onceamonthmom.com/instant-oatmeal-packets/

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

For each “packet,” place in a snack-size zipper bag:

  • 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon powdered milk
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar or brown sugar (optional)
  • Additional add-ins if desired (dried fruit, cinnamon, etc.)

Directions:

For each oatmeal packet, combine oats, powdered milk, salt, and sugar in a snack-size zipper bag. Seal and store in pantry. To serve: Empty “packet” into a bowl. Add 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes. OR, add water and microwave about 1 minute or until done. Adjust water amount for thicker or thinner oatmeal.

Servings: 1

I have made this with peaches:

Photobucket

And I have made this with some apple chips that I dehydrated last fall with a little cinnamon:

Photobucket

Abe loved it! That makes me so happy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment