Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lasagna

I made this for dinner tonight, and I couldn't wait to post the recipe. My sister-in-law, Becky, shared this recipe with me a few years ago. I've been making it ever since. I never knew how easy lasagna could be to make! I love this lasagna! It is so much better than the frozen ones at the store.

Really it is not that hard. In fact, it comes directly off of the Barilla Flat lasagna box. Becky changed the layering slightly compared to the directions on the box. I have made it both ways, and Becky's way is better.

Here's the recipe:

1 box of Barilla lasagna uncooked (the noodles are flat-no ridges-and the box says "No boiling required")
2 eggs
1 15 oz container of ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb Italian sausage browned, crumbled, and drained
1 48 oz jar of Prego fresh mushroom spaghetti sauce (I use Meijer brand. Two smaller jars.)
  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • Mix eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan in a bowl.
  • Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Spoon 1/4 of spaghetti sauce on bottom of pan. Layer with four dry noodles (they will slightly overlap to fit in pan). Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles (make sure you go all the way to the edge). Spread 1/2 of the sausage evenly over the cheese mixture. Spoon another 1/4 of spaghetti sauce evenly over the sausage. Then spread 1 1/2 cups mozzarella over the sauce.
  • Repeat layers (4 noodles, cheese mix, sausage, 1/4 spaghetti sauce).
  • Top with 4 noodles, the remaining spaghetti sauce, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella.
Bake, covered with foil (I like to spray the foil with Pam so the cheese doesn't stick), for 50-60 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. This is important or it will not stick together as you are trying to serve it.


Photobucket

I really love this lasagna. Even my boys eat it. Wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment