I took pictures right away when the work on the inside was finished. It was really dusty, so most of the pictures were fuzzy. Here are the least blurry pictures of the bunch. I imagine if I took pictures today they would be more clear because most of the dust has settled, but I'm not going to do that. :)






It looks pretty cool, right? Those black things are made of the same material as airplane wings. (The blue stuff is adhesive.) They are allegedly three times stronger than the beams often used to reinforce basement walls. I hope that is true!
I have plenty of things that have frustrated me about getting the basement repaired, but I am glad to have a dry basement. I no longer have to worry about the walls collapsing. That feels pretty good.
So can you already tell that your airplane walls are working? No more water in the basement? The repairs process is frustrating. . . but having a nice, cozy home with walls that aren't going to collapse is so nice!!!
ReplyDeleteIt feels nicer (despite being filthy) in the basement with the repairs all done. The wall that leaked water before seems to be nice and dry now, even though it has been a very rainy winter. We noticed a little water on one of the walls shortly after the work was finished, but the window wasn't closed, so we think that was the issue. Easily solved.
ReplyDelete