Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sewing!

Andy's mom was so kind and sent us home from our recent trip to CA with her old sewing machine! I am so glad to have it!!

Here is the first project I made using my very own sewing machine:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love to make hooded bath towels to give as presents when friends and family members have babies. They are easy to make, and I prefer them to the little baby bath towels. The little ones are cute, but a nice big towel like this will help keep the little one much warmer. My boys still love their hooded towels.

I'm so glad the sewing machine worked! We brought it home as a checked bag, and I know luggage gets thrown around quite a bit.

When I opened up the sewing machine it was covered in tape to show that it had been inspected at the airport.

Photobucket

Not surprising, but I can't imagine the people at the airport were able to pack the sewing machine as well as Andy's dad. He is an expert packer! (I'm not kidding!)

Here's my sewing machine! Isn't she a beauty?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the hooded towel and the pattern, Sis! I love it. I can't wait to wrap him up in it after his first bath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm glad you like it. Love you Libby!

    ReplyDelete