Monday, November 14, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Wow, I can't believe the last time I posted was Wednesday last week! I really try to make a post daily or every other day if possible. Even if it's just a recipe, I want to keep on top of things.

Last week was really busy. I'm mostly just glad I survived. I threw a baby shower with my mom for my sister Anna. She is having a baby boy and is due December 12th. We had a great party for her Saturday, but it was a lot more work than I realized it would be. Invitations, keeping up with RSVPs, food, cleaning and setting up my house. It was a lot of time, but so worth it. Anna got many gifts and things she needs for the baby. I only wish I had taken some pictures. Anna's mother-in-law took some pictures, so maybe I can get her to send some to me.

This weekend I also babysat. Well, they are hardly babies... Two 7th graders and a junior in high school. Some friends of ours went to Mexico and asked us to stay with their girls a few nights. They are very fun, and we had a nice time playing games and making yummy food, but it was exhausting. The boys have been waking up around 7 ever since the time change, and I waited up until curfew at midnight- I never stay up that late anymore if I can help it. Plus, I never sleep well in somebody else's bed. Andy was sick and so he stayed at home to keep his germs to himself. That made things extra tricky because the boys got into lots of things because we were at a new house with different things to explore, and I didn't have his help to stop them.

On top of everything I am working part time for my dad. I am doing data entry from home, and it's easy and hours are flexible. I'm so grateful for the work and the money I am able to earn, but it's really hard to find "extra" time to dedicate to working. I can't remember if I have blogged about this much. I have been trying to work 2 hours in the afternoon while Eli naps and 2 hours in the evenings when the boys are asleep. I don't quite get it perfect like that every day, but I am doing what I can.

Since this weekend was so busy I didn't get to relax. Plus I feel like I haven't seen Andy in forever. I am looking forward to this weekend. We don't have any plans, and I am thrilled about that! I do hope that Andy and I can get out on a date, and that we can have some laid back family time together.

1 comment:

  1. You're like Super Mom! I hope you absolutely loved your weekend!! Seester needs breaks every now and then.

    ReplyDelete