Monday, November 28, 2011

Kim's Bread Machine Rolls

My friend Kim is an amazing cook! I am so glad to finally have her roll recipe! It is similar to other bread and roll recipes I have made, but this one has an egg. This was my first time using an egg in my bread machine, and it went great! I have wondered about adding eggs and butter to recipes in the bread machine, so now I know eggs are fine I just need to test butter.

Here's the recipe:

Bread machine Rolls (Kim)

1 ¼ c. warm/hot water

¼ c. canola oil (you can use olive oil, but that’s too expensive for me)

¼ c. sugar

1 egg

1 ½ tsp. salt

4 c. bread flour

2 tsp. yeast (or 1 pkg.)

1. Add ingredients to your bread machine in the order listed and hit the dough cycle (this takes 1.5 hours in my bread machine)

2. Once they’re done in the dough cycle form into round balls and place on a greased baking stone (you can use a cookie sheet if you don’t have a baking stone but they’re noticeably better when baked on a baking stone). I make somewhere around 20 rolls. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow them to rise until double in size (another 1.5 hours).

3. Bake at 350° for around 10 minutes. Brush with melted butter and eat immediately – you won’t be able to stop yourself.


Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I really don't know anything about bread machines as I don't have one--what's the advantage to having your bread machine mix up the dough rather than a Bosch or Kitchen Aid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like mixing my dough in the bread machine because it does it all for you. I just add all the ingredients and press start and come back an hour and a half later and the dough is ready to be shaped. I know what you mean that it isn't hard to do in my Kitchen Aid, but you proof the yeast and add things one at a time and take the time standing there to do it.

    I also love baking bread in the bread machine. It is so easy to put in the ingredients and set the machine and come back 3 or so hours later to perfectly baked bread. Plus my machine has a delay feature, so I can get it all ready in the morning and set it to be ready just in time for dinner that night. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete