Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rosettes

I am so excited about this! The other day Kim, Steph, Becky and I made these adorable felt and fabric flowers to attach to barrettes to wear in our hair. Well, the others were making them for their girls or nieces, I made mine for myself. :)

Photobucket

It was really easy and fun to do. And inexpensive too. Felt is 25 cents per sheet at Hobby Lobby. I already have a glue gun. The barrettes at Hobby Lobby were $3.99, and I had a 40% off coupon. (Hooray!) And I have lots of old shirts and pants that I have held on to, so I could use the fabric for any projects that came up. I love to take old and ruined clothes and cut off the buttons to use on other things and save big pieces of fabric to try to be crafty with.

I made these the other day too. The fabric is from an old shirt that was stained. Amazing, right?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love these! I've made so many for Eden. If you want to buy the barrettes in bulk, Sally's Beauty Supply sells the box of 100 for around $5. Also, your old family blog popped up on my google reader - looks like someone else is using it, but then it directs you to a weird site, I think it's some spam thing. Just thought you might like to know. :)

    ReplyDelete