Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Fruit Dip

Last week we had a baby shower for my sister Anna. Hooray! It was a great party, and we had so much food! The menu had pumpkin chocolate chip bread, mini apple muffins, pumpkin roll, a cinnamon breakfast cake, pigs in a blanket, mini quiches, cheese and crackers, chicken salad croissants, pumpkin pie dip, apple cider and water. I think I got it all! Seriously, it was a lot of food. I found this recipe for the dip, and I loved the idea to serve it in a pumpkin. That is really what drew me to this recipe, but it tastes great too! I only wish I had taken a picture! I like dipping apple slices and ginger snaps in this dip the best.

Oh, and I found this at http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2009/10/pumpkin-pie-fruit-dip.html

Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Pie Fruit Dip

1 15 oz can pureed pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix!!) (I made this with half of a can, and liked it)
1 brick of softened cream cheese (use 1/3 less fat or regular- either work great)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl. If you have a mixer, use it so you can get all the lumps out. If you want you can gut a miniature pumpkin and serve it in there so it's all festive and such.

Serve with apple slices, bananas, graham crackers, nilla wafers, ginger snaps...basically all things yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment