Well, I caused some unnecessary stress on myself this morning.
Most Mondays I like to get to the grocery store. I'm usually out of bread and milk by then. Well, this was a typical Monday and we made our rounds to my favorite stores. After we returned home I got a snack for the boys and put away the groceries. I happened to look through my wallet for something and realized my debit card was nowhere to be found. I looked all over the place and emptied my purse a couple of times before I decided I had to get in the car to re-trace my steps.
Luckily this story has a happy ending. The first store that I went to I found an associate who immediately took me back to where they had kept it for me. (What a relief! I had been going through my mind what I would have to do to cancel and replace the card.) It was funny though because the cashier said, "I guess your little boy didn't hold onto it like you asked him to." It was then that I remembered handing the card to Eli after paying for our things.
He gets so bored shopping and he likes to hold my credit and debit cards and wallet. It cheers him right up, but I must admit this is not the first credit card to disappear and give me a panic attack trying to find it. I don't blame Eli. He's not even two yet.
The moral of the story: I need to put credit cards back in my wallet immediately, so I don't have to spend an hour tracking them down. Sorry Eli!
Yikes!! I'm so glad your card turned up. It's pretty funny that the cashier remembered you telling Eli to hold on to it. Maybe you can get Eli some fake credit cards for Christmas, and you can carry those in your wallet to keep him happy without risking your actual cards.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea Ruth. Except that Eli doesn't want toy credit cards, he wants the real deal.
ReplyDelete