Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Oreo Cookie Pie Crust

I am so excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow! I am going to make my new butternut squash risotto, green bean casserole and a chocolate truffle pie. Hooray! I haven't made the pie before, but the recipe calls for a pre-made graham cracker crust. It's a chocolate pie, so I think it will go really well with a chocolate crust! The recipe I found online here:http://whatscookingamerica.net/Desserts/OreoPieCrust.htm is a no bake crust for a chilled filling. Perfect!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

24 whole Oreo cookies (this ended up a little over 2 cups of cookie crumbs)
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter

Preparation:

In a medium-sized bowl or a food processor, add the Oreo cookies and blend until the texture of coarse meal. Add the melted butter and blend until well combine.

Place the ground crumb mixture into a 9- or 10-inch deep-dish pie pan and press into the bottom and up the sides evenly. Try to make the crust about 1/8 inch (1/3 cm) evenly all around.

Chill the crust for an hour before you add the filling of your choice, this will help prevent crumbling when you want to serve it.

Makes 1 pie crust.

Photobucket

While I was using the food processor to make the cookie crumbs for this crust I crunched up 2 packs of cookies and saved most of it for later. I love my Food Saver. I got it used for $50, and I love the jar sealer attachment! I have one to do wide-mouth and regular lids. (Although my regular lid sealer has been a bit funky recently...)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment