Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fajitas

I love this dish! My mom made it a lot growing up, but I used to dislike bell peppers and onions. Now that I am older and wiser I love everything about fajitas. They are easy and fast.

I like to make the chicken and serve it on soft tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, black olives, black beans, cheddar cheese, salsa with rice and corn as a side dishes.

Here's the recipe:

Marinade Ingredients

1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tbs. light brown sugar
1 tsp. dry cilantro
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together all ingredients and add two pounds of chicken, sliced or diced. Let it marinade 30 minutes to 24 hours.

Stir fry the chicken in a large pan and once it is cooked though add one onion chopped large and plenty of red and green bell peppers. I can never make these as good as my mom does. Tips I have learned are to wait and barely cook the onions and peppers at the very end. Also, the marinade should reduce way down and not be soupy by the end. Be sure to cook it long enough for that to happen.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment