Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hello Dolly Bars (Seven Layer Cookies)

It wouldn't be Christmas without these cookies in my house. We always had them growing up and I love them! I was recently looking through recipes from my dad's mom. She was an excellent cook. She has two versions of this recipe with identical ingredients. One is called Hello Dolly Bars. I have always referred to these as seven layer cookies, but I think I'll call them Hello Dolly Bars from now on! What a fun name.

These cookies are pretty rich, but so tasty! And easy too!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (one stick) margarine or butter, melted
1 to 1 1/2 cups graham crackers
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup coconut flakes

Add layers in order in a 9x13 pan. Bake 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment