Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hard Cooked Eggs

I have messed up card cooking eggs so many times. It is too easy to over cook or under cook the eggs. My mom has a method that is easy and works every time. Up until now I call her to get the instructions every time I want to cook the eggs. I figure I'll give her a break and keep the instructions here so I can just look it up without bothering her.

Instructions:

Place eggs in cold water in saucepan. The water should be at least an inch above the eggs. (According to my Betty Crocker cookbook)

Bring water to a boil. Once the water is boiling turn the heat down and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes peel one egg to test for done-ness. If it looks right- run the eggs under cold water to stop the cooking. If the egg is not cooked enough let the other eggs cook a few minutes longer. Keep cooked eggs in the fridge until you are ready to use them.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment