Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful Christmas it has been! We were amazed that they boys slept in until 8 am! We enjoyed opening gifts together, and then a yummy breakfast of apple-cinnamon rolls and egg, potato and sausage casserole.

We tried to Skype with Andy's family in California, Idaho and Spain. It worked for about 5-10 minutes. It was nice to see and/or hear most of the family. It was a lazy day, and we played with the boys' new toys. (Mostly their new Thomas the Train books, trains and tracks.) We went to church, which was a really nice program with lots of musical numbers.

After church we went to my mom and dad's house for lunch. It was great: Honey Baked ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls, corn pudding, salad, sweet potatoes and cookies galore. Wonderful food and even better company. I love my family so much.

We spent some time on the phone with our family out West, which was really nice.

Now the evening is winding down and I am so happy, and I feel so blessed. I love Christmas. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was born and that is something to remember and celebrate. I can't fully express in words my gratitude that Jesus would come to earth to atone for our sins and die for us.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment