Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

It has been a busy couple of weeks, but lots of fun. Here are some of the highlights:

We got some new ornaments and candy canes to put up on the tree. The boys had so much fun putting them on the tree. Eli really liked the candy canes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eli and Abe have watched lots of Christmas movies: The Grinch, Veggie Tales, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Charlie Brown, and Rudolph. (Both of the boys were very cute and nervous about the Abominable Snowman.) Andy and I have watched ELF, It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol (the George C. Scott version, it's my favorite.) I love Christmas movies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We read the Grinch book.

Photobucket

We drink hot chocolate any chance that we get.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Abe loves wearing his Santa hat.

Photobucket

Eli loves to play with the Nativity under our Christmas tree.

Photobucket

We went to the Nativity Festival at the church. They had hundreds of Nativities set up in the gym and a separate room set up for children to play with plastic Nativities and color pictures and dress up like Mary and Joseph and the wise men. It was really well done, and I'm glad we went.

Photobucket

We have been reading The Forgotten Carols and listened to the pretty music that goes with it. The boys don't seem to really care about the story, but they love the songs.

Photobucket

We decorated foam door hangers together. Abe was very creative and we had a fun time doing these.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Andy put lights up on the house. (It was a lot harder than I realized.)

Photobucket

We put Hershey Kisses on felt trees and the boys get one every day to count down to Christmas. Eli loves chocolate. I originally put these by the fireplace in the family room, but Eli took a few extra one afternoon when I wasn't looking. I had to move them up out of his reach.

Photobucket

Not quite as fun as chocolate, but we also have a paper chain that we are using to count down to Christmas.

Photobucket

It's been a great Christmas season so far, and this week will be lots of fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment