Thursday, December 8, 2011

No More Naps

Eli has given up naps. Drat!

This has been coming for a few months now. He doesn't like to nap. It takes me about an hour to get him to sleep for his nap and he doesn't sleep long. On top of that, he doesn't go to sleep at night until 10 or so when he takes a nap.

The past three days I haven't put him down for nap time. This has not been easy. He is really tired and grumpy all afternoon. The one nice thing about no more naps is how fast he has fallen asleep at bedtime. He still cries and doesn't want to go to bed, but less than 5 minutes and he is out cold. I'm trying to figure out if all the screaming and crying all day is worth it...

2 comments:

  1. Bummer! Right there with you - I miss nap time, but eventually it's sooooo not worth it!!! Good luck getting him adjusted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. NO! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! I can't believe your boys have such an aversion to sleep. But that does keep your day wide open without naps to plan around. The world is yours for the taking!!!

    ReplyDelete