This recipe is from our friends the Turleys. It's a keeper! A mistake I made the first time we made sugar cookies was I rolled the cookies too thin. Thicker cookies won't burn like the thins ones do... Also, I have started to cook the same shapes on the same sheet. Snowflake shapes with all the little points cook faster than something like Christmas trees.
Here's the recipe:
Cookie Ingredients-
1 cup shortening
1 stick of butter, softened (NOT margarine)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
5 cups flour
Cookie Directions-
Mix in order listed. Chill in fridge for at least one hour. Roll out on floured surface 1/4 inch thick. (Use plenty of flour, and keep them good and thick.) Cut out shapes. Bake 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
Frosting Ingredients-
32 oz powdered sugar
2 cubes of butter softened/melted (one cube=2 Tbs.)
2 tsp. vanilla
6-8 milk cap fills (add until the right consistency)
Mix together and frost cooled cookies.
You'll also want sprinkles and colored sugar and cinnamon candies. Anything you like to make the cookies nice and festive.

No comments:
Post a Comment